Which is why I find it so difficult to stay in, despite the freezing weather. Even though it’s cold I’d rather not miss out. My solution when the temperature drops is to settle on a uniform– a look I can rely on to keep me warm without making me look like the Michelin Man.
Lately I’ve been relying on thigh-high socks over tights, oversized boyfriend sweaters (like the one I recently wore here), and my favorite parka. Orange lipstick (that I showed how to wear in a video awhile ago) and a handful of vintage crystal bracelets brighten up this mainly gray and black look.
1. Elizabeth and James jacket, $400, net-a-porter.com
2. Eugenia Kim hat, $185, dianaboutique.com
3. J.Crew sweater, $138, jcrew.com
4. Malini lipstick, $4, walgreens.com
5. Made Her Think bracelet, $160, ronherman.com
6. Asos gloves, $48, asos.com
7. Rayban sunglasses, $160, blueandcream.com
8. Madewell socks, $16, madewell.com
9. Pour La Victoire boots, $205, bluefly.com
10. Maison Martin Margiela skirt, $129, farfetch.com