This week I decided I just couldn’t buy one more disappointing ten-dollar salad. So I decided to try my hand at being prepared and health conscious. A little out of my responsibility threshold (I can barely do my laundry every week), but I figured I could give it a try. I wanted something fresh, veggie filled and free of refined carbs– and settled on this salad. The dressing makes it positively addictive and it’s super wallet friendly. Now, if only I owned Tupperware.
Quinoa Greek Salad
- 2 cups uncooked quinoa
- 3 cups vegetable broth (or chicken broth)
- 1 cup (or more) sliced, seedless cucumber
- 1/4 cup (more or less) feta cheese, crumbles (I used reduced fat goat cheese to cut down on calories)
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatos
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons sherry or rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Bring the quinoa to a boil in the chicken stock with the lid on. Once it comes to boil let it simmer for 15-20 minutes. Once it’s done, but it in the fridge to cool. Slice the veggies and mix the dressing. Once the grain is cool, pour the dressing over it it and mix. Top with the veggies and cheese. Season to taste.